We seek a full-time IT Network Administrator. The ideal candidate will be responsible for providing help desk support through to network administration and design, advising management on technology matters that may impact their business.
IT Network Administrator
- End User support, problem resolution.
- Install, configure and manage network infrastructure equipment including desktop and server hardware, operating systems, application software, peripherals and mobile devices.
- Provide administration support for Microsoft server roles such as File servers, print services, terminal services, Application Services, and Network Policy and Access Services Software and Access Services.
- Inventory control and lifecycle asset management for end user computing devices.
- CompTIA Network+ certification
- University degree/college diploma in Computer Science/Information Technology
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Network administrator including Help Desk, software support, computer hardware configuration and repair
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written English communication skills
- Availability to respond to calls outside of normal office hours in case of urgent requirement
- Valid Class G driver’s license
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills with PC operating systems (specifically Windows XP/7/8/10),
- Solid understanding of network (WAN, LAN, VPN) and telephony systems
- Experience interacting and working with third-level technicians/engineers and external vendors
Strong technical understanding of:
- MS Windows Server 2008 – 2016
- MS Active Directory, Exchange Server, SQL Server
- Virtualization technology including Hyper-V, Citrix, VMware
- Windows PC OS – XP/7/8/10; Apple iOS
- LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, VLAN DNS, DHCP, Switching, Routing, WiFi
- Knowledge of and ability to support AutoCAD and Revit
- Support Mobile devices (iOS/Android/Blackberry)
- Troubleshooting and supporting workstations and portable devices
- Routers Firewalls and switches, Cisco, HP, etc.
- Anti-Virus, Anti-Spam, Ransomware prevention and mitigation
- Remote control tools – TeamViewer, LogMeIn
- Installation, Setup, Migration and supporting Office365
- Microsoft Failover Cluster Management
- Storage Area Networks (SAN), Network Attach Storage (NAS)
- Understanding of ITIL methodology and best practices
- Proactive, solution-oriented problem solver
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent time management abilities
Compensation for this position is well above average with a bonus and RRSP contribution, drug, dental and health benefits after a 3 month probationary period.
Only matching applicants will be contacted and the interview process will involve skills verification procedures.
Please respond by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.